Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a popular disorder that has bad effects for the large intestine. It is the main causes of some problems such as gas, bloating, cramping, abdominal pain and diarrhea. IBS is a chronic and uncomfortable condition you need to control in a long term. Here are some natural treatment you can use at home:
Peppermint can get rid of some IBS symptoms such as bloating, cramping, and diarrhea. A research, as stated by the British Medical Journal shows that peppermint oil, fiber and antispasmodics are all natural and effective in order to treat Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Peppermint consists of menthol oil, which is capable of having effect in antispasmodics to smooth muscles on the tract of the digestion. It means to help reduce pain of gas, bloating, and intestinal spasms. In addition, peppermint can enhance the speed of food go through the stomach more easily.
How to apply:
- In one-fourth glass of warm water, add peppermint oil about three drops. Consume this glass three to four times daily. Keep continuing until your condition is strengthened.
- The simple way is in a glass of hot water, add one teaspoon of dried peppermint. Wait for about 10 to 15 minutes. Use this tea two or three times routine to have the best results.
Yogurt is one of the most natural treatments for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. It contains ‘live cultures’ which is a common home remedy for diarrhea related to IBS. Live cultures are good bacteria that play an important role in providing a protection of layer inside the intestines and help produce lactic acid to fight against bacterial toxins out of the body. Yogurt can make a smoothie so you should use it. Consume three to four times per day until there are some improvements in your IBS condition.
In other way, in one glass of yogurt, add one-half teaspoon of Isabgol or psyllium husks to have a mix. Use this mixture after having lunch and dinner about one hour. Continue routine to get the highest improvement.
Ginger is one the most effective home treatment and is highly recommended in suring IBS. It can eliminate bloating and gas and also get rid of inflammation present in the intestines and bring relaxation for the intestinal muscles.
How to use:
- In a glass of boiling water, add one-half teaspoon of raw freshly grated ginger, steep for 10 minutes, then, take out the ginger, and add some honey if you want. You can drink this tea several times per day to get rid of pain of abdominal and cramps.
- In other way, you can create the mixture by grating some small piece of ginger and adding some honey to this. Consume it before having lunch and dinner about 15 to 30 minutes to ease diarrhea as well as enhance your digestive system. In addition to treating IBS, ginger is one of the most effective treatments for many skin problems, including staph infection.
4. Cabbage juice
Drink cabbage juice is another home remedy for whose are suffering from IBS and experiencing constipation.
Juice from raw cabbage juice consists of chlorine and sulfur in order to deeply ease the mucus membranes in stomach and the tract of intestines. The mild laxative effect present in cabbage juice can help the movement of bowel become softer and easier to go through and also maintain the body hydrated.
How to apply:
- Wash carefully a fresh cabbage and cut it into some small pieces and put the pieces through a juicer to create cabbage juice which are fresh.
- Drink a small cup of this juice every time, three or four times a day.
Use cabbage juice as soon as you can when you realize having constipation.
5. Oat bran
Consuming oat bran on your daily diet will bring much-needed fiber to your body and help get rid of some symptoms of IBS from having extent. When you use oat bran, the stools will be softer and go through less pain and more easily. In addition, oat bran contains some essential minerals such as iron, zinc, protein, antioxidants, calcium, thiamin, phosphorus, riboflavin, and magnesium.
You can have your breakfast cereal daily with adding one teaspoon of oat bran. Or in other way, create a mix by adding one part of oat bran with two equal parts water and boil in some minutes. Then enjoy it like oatmeal.
Carrots are a good choice because with the wonderful source of pectin that can help fight IBS symptoms and cure some problems such as diarrhea and constipation.
How to use:
- Put fresh carrots in a blender or juicer to get the juice. Add some honey if you want and drops of lemon juice to the mix. Consume it three to four times daily until your condition is improved.
- Another way is blend soft and cook carrots in a blender with warn water to have puree. Add some salt and use one-half glass of carrot puree three times routine.
Banana is also one of the most natural home treatment for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Ripe and fresh bananas are a great fruit which are nutritious can reduce some symptoms of IBS. The simplest way is eat bananas to cure diarrhea as the soluble fiber present in bananas can absorb liquid existing the intestines. In addition, the potassium in bananas also get rid of gas and bloating. You can eat one or more ripe bananas a day to keep a healthy digestive process and prevent IBS from attacking your body.
If you are suffering from diarrhea, create a mix by mashing one ripe banana and one tablespoon of tamarind pulp and salt. Consume this twice routine when the diarrhea disappears.