What Is Chest Pain? Symptoms, Treatment, And Prevention
Chest pain is associated with the symptom of heart disease. It is one of the most common causes to visit the emergency room in the United States. The report presents that more than 8 million people visit ER every year.
And, world wide percentage 20 to 40 of the population.
However, it is very important to discuss what chest pain is, what is the exact cause and symptoms of this disease and how it can be prevented and treated.
Plus, this article also presents some home remedies that can help you to reduce the chance of heart failure.
- 1 What Is Chest Pain?
- 2 Different Symptoms
- 3 What Is The Cause?
- 4 Risk Factors For Causes Of Chest Pain
- 5 When To See A Doctor?
- 6 What Is The Treatment Of Chest Pain?
- 7 Diagnostic Tests
- 8 Chest Pain Can Be Prevented?
- 9 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- 10 Wrap Up
What Is Chest Pain?
Do you feel any pain in the upper portion of your chest? If you feel it, that is called chest pain. Sometimes you may feel that pain may spread to other areas, like your jaw and neck, your arms and back.
You may feel very weak, aching, dull, stabling, burning, and tight. It’s just like someone put a stone on your chest. It can last for a few hours or minutes. It has been seen that it can last over 6 months. Generally it depends on the person.
Different causes have different symptoms. Let’s see which type of symptoms you may have…
- Difficulty of breath.
- Sharp pain in chest.
- Left side chest pain.
- Fullness, pressure, tightness, or burning in your chest.
- Crushing pain that spreads to your neck, back, shoulders, jaw, or sometimes you may feel that pain may stick on the left side of your chest.
Moreover, it can be difficult to recognize heart-related chest pain from other types of chest pain. Here, I am presenting some other chest pain that is not related to the heart.
- A sour taste of food.
- Chest pain when breathing.
- Chest pain when coughing.
- Pain that lasts for a few hours.
What Is The Cause?
There are a number of causes of chest pain. In this list of causes, you may find out which type of chest pain you may have. Let’s look…scroll down
As I said, most of the time chest pain is associated with a heart-related cause. Like…
Heart Attack- the cause of the heart attack is blocked blood flow to the heart muscle.
Aortic Dissection- this is one of the life-threatening conditions that involves the main artery leading from the heart.
Angina- is the term for chest pain. It can be caused by poor blood flow to the heart. It can be the cause of the bad cholesterol stored in the blood vessels. Also, it makes the plaques narrow the arteries.
The Cause Of Digestive System
If you feel heartburn, this burning sensation may be the cause of the digestion problem. On the other hand, the pancreas or gallbladder can cause abdominal pain that spreads to the chest. Apart from this some types of chest pain are related to injuries. Such as-
- Injured ribs,
- Sore muscles,
Plus, Many Lung-Related Causes-
- Collapsed Lung,
- High blood pressure in lung arteries,
- Inflammation of the membrane covering the lungs,
- Blood clot in the lung.
What are The Other Causes?
- Panic Attack,
- chest pain covid.
Risk Factors For Causes Of Chest Pain
Coronary Heart Disease
- High cholesterol,
- Family history,
- High Blood Pressure.
Blood Clot In The Lung
- Recent surgery,
- Birth control pill use particularly if the patient.
- High Blood Pressure,
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome,
- Marfan syndrome,
- Cocaine use.
When To See A Doctor?
Always prefer to visit the doctor. Don’t ignore their type of symptoms. It is always best to take an observation by the doctor.
If you feel difficulty breathing or any type of chest pain, you should go to the hospital or call 911 for an emergency…
What Is The Treatment Of Chest Pain?
It varies on what causes and symptoms of certain patients.
- Blood Thinners– if you suffer from a blood clot in an artery, then you may take this.
- Artery Relaxers– it is a tablet, usually taken under the tongue. It helps to flow blood more easily.
- Aspirin– if your chest pain is related to the heart then you may take this.
- Antidepressants– if you have panic attacks, it can help to control this condition.
- Angioplasty– if chest pain is caused by the blockage in an artery, then it is treated with this process.
- Bypass Surgery– is one of the common surgeries. Through this process, doctors create another way for blood flow. Plus, Lung reinflation, Emergency dissection repair, and more.
Here, I am presenting some common diagnostic tests that most doctors use to diagnose the patient.
- Blood test.
- X-Ray (chest).
- CT scan.
- Stress tests.
- Coronary catheterization (angiogram).
Chest Pain Can Be Prevented?
Yes, you can. Just do some important things. Look below👇
- Stop smoking.
- Check your blood pressure on a daily basis as well as cholesterol and diabetes check.
- Change lifestyle.
- Eat healthy food (low-fat meal with fibers).
- Avoid junk food.
- 30 minutes workout or morning walk.
- Be active and energetic.
- Maintain a healthy daily routine.
- Don’t ignore chest pain. Pay attention to that.
- Always follow whatever the doctor suggests.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Please go to the doctor or call 911 if you have any of these symptoms-
1. A sudden feeling of tightness, sweating, pressure.
2. Chest pain that spreads to your back, jaw, and shoulder.
3. Sudden left side pain.
No is not normal. If you feel this type of pain, you should immediately go for a check-up. Always pay attention to that.
You may feel discomfort in the middle portion of your chest. It feels like pressure, squeezing, and weakness. Yet, not always all chest pain is related to the heart.
If you feel like that, you should go to see your doctor. It’s important that the doctor diagnoses you and evaluates which is the cause of this type of pain.
Chest pain can have different causes and symptoms. So find out which cause and symptoms you have. If you find out, then please visit the doctor.
Hopefully, this piece of writing will meet your queries. Chest pain is a huge topic to discuss. Yet, this piece of writing can not cover up all those things. If you wish to learn, then please let me know.
Or, you can comment below. I would like to know your words!
- 12 Ways To Manage Spine Problems
- What Is Back Pain? Symptoms, Treatment, And Prevention
- Helpful Tips to Improve your Posture and Reduce Back Pain