9 Natural Remedies for Combating Vitiligo
On the 25th of June, every year is when we celebrate World Combating Vitiligo Day. There is usually a special day that is dedicated to creating awareness of the causes, symptoms, and treatments of the disease.
The vitiligo disease will destroy the melanin pigment cells. The melanin is always responsible for the provision of the skin with its color. When a specific place in your skin lack melanin, this is usually the principal cause of the white patches. And often, these patches are visible on the people with the dark skins.
In the beginning, the vitiligo will start with smaller patches and eventually develop into more significant spots all over the body. When it comes to the cause of this disease, there are no highlighted causes. The scientist has it that the disease could be a hereditary one. And thus, people from families with a history of vitiligo will always have a high chance of developing the condition.
More so, people with connective tissue diseases, endocrine diseases could also b at high risk of developing vitiligo. Another fact that could trigger the occurrence of vitiligo is stress. Usually, most of the areas that have the vitiligo patches are the ones with exposure to sunlight. Although we have no clear causes of vitiligo, we can take some preventive measures against this disease.
When it comes to reducing and weakening the foci of vitiligo, all you need is patience. For better results, it is recommended that you combine the use of external products and the use of smoothies, infusions. Also, you should consider visiting the doctor to give you the medicines and creams so that you may get the desired results.
So, when you hear of the vitiligo, this is a prevalent skin disease. White spots on the skin mainly characterize it. Below we are going to talk about the disease and the natural remedies you could use in combating vitiligo.
What do I need to know about vitiligo?
In the past, it was believed that vitiligo was mainly high in people who had dark skins. But in the current, it is evident that this disease can occur to anyone regardless of the skin color and even race. This disease is mainly occurring due to the destruction of the melanin pigment.
In most cases, you will find these spots on the face, o the chest, under the armpits, in the groin, and even on the arms. However, the critical cause of the development of this disease is affecting now all people of all ages, and both sexes are not yet identified.
But according to the doctors, these white spots could be provoked on the body due to;
- Pernicious anemia
- Addison’s disease
- hormonal changes
- genetic predisposition
- poor thyroid function
More so, people believe a malfunction in the immune system provokes the disease. And when this happens is when these disorders that could be caused starts attacking the melanocytes.
Vitiligo is a non-fatal disease. According to doctors, this is a condition that is not even that serious. However, to those who have the disease, it could create so many inconveniences. It may make the person feel shy and even uncomfortable before crowds.
But what is interesting is that in most cases, 25% of the claims of the foci vitiligo will always disappear without the use of any treatments. This is what is referred to as spontaneous depigmentation. And in most cases this will happen when these factors exist;
- When the spots are located on the face but not the lips
- Patient that is suffering from the disease is of young age
- When the condition is just on the onset, not more than six months.
Home remedies for combating vitiligo
Most people have been asking themselves whether this disease is curable or whether it lasts a lifetime. The primary concern is whether this disease could also spread to the other body parts. This is a disease that can be dealt with as soon as one starts experiencing the signs.
Besides visiting the doctor, you can also consider using natural remedies such as
1. Black pepper and vitiligo
According to recent research, it has been proven that black pepper is the best remedy when it comes to combating vitiligo. The fact is that this spice is essential when it comes to the production of melanin on the skin.
Pepper has piperine, an element essential in stimulating the creation of melanocytes. In this case, pepper is usually used as an external means. You can choose to buy this ingredient from the natural stores or do a homemade one.
- ¼ cup black pepper in peas (62 g)
- 1 cup of olive oil (200 g)
- First, heat the olive oil over low heat and add black pepper to it.
- Secondly, boil it for 5 minutes.
- Then remove this broth from the fire. Wait until it cools, then filter it out, and also pour it into a glass bottle.
- Use a cotton pad to apply this tool to the foci of vitiligo.
2. Wheat germ oil
When you were using the wheat germ oil, you can consider moistening it on a piece of a cotton ball. Then you can apply it to the area with the vitiligo foci.
Let the cotton there for about five minutes until it gets absorbed into the skin. Cover the place with a bandage. You can choose washing the site after some time or just leaving it.
For you to ensure you are getting the best results, you can consider doing this every evening.
3. Plaster of seeds of radish and apple cider vinegar
- Four tablespoons radish seeds (40 g)
- apple cider vinegar (required quantity)
- Put the radish seeds in a bowl. Pour little apple cider vinegar into it. Ensures that the apple cider fully covers the seeds.
- Allow the seeds to infuse with the vinegar for the whole night.
- After about 24 hours, shake them and grind with a pestle to form a paste out of them.
- You can then apply these paste on the affected areas. Leave the dough on the field for about two hours.
- You can now wash the paste with warm water when this time elapses.
For better results, you should ensure you are repeating this procedure three times a week. But one thing to remember is to provide the skin is always clean and dry before applying the paste.
4. Compress from basil, strawberry and lemon juice
The other remedy of vitiligo could be the use of small amounts of lemon juice, strawberries, and a handful of sliced fresh basil leaves.
The basil will be ideal in the stimulation of the production of melanin. The lemon juice will e ideal in the removal of the white spots from the skin.
Therefore, you should consider compressing this mixture on the affected areas three times daily. When you apply the paste on your skin, review washing it before getting outside. Do this in the morning, afternoon, and evening.
5. A cocktail of bee pollen and kiwi
- One tablespoon of bee pollen (15 g)
- One kiwi
- First thing in the morning before eve having breakfast, you can prepare a mixture of a tablespoon of powder, as well as the sliced kiwi slices.
- With the two, blend them to form a paste.
You can then drink a cup of this mixture. Consider doing this daily for quite some time, and you will start seeing the results.
6. Red clay and ginger
- Two tablespoons red clay
- One tablespoon of a ground ginger root (10 g)
Red clay is ideal when it comes to fighting vitiligo. You can always get it from the natural store product or the river banks. It has high contents of copper that are ideal in promoting repigmentation of the skin.
Place two spoons of the red clay in a container. To it, add a little water and the roots of ginger to make a paste.
You can then spread these paste on the areas with the white spots. Let it act on the areas for some time. After some time, wash and rinse this area with warm water.
To obtain the desired results, you will have to repeat this procedure every single day.
7. Infusion of lemon peel to fight against vitiligo
- the skin of two lemons (or limes)
- 1 cup of alcohol (250 ml)
- The first thing you will need doing is putting a peel off the two fruits in a glass. To it, you can then pour alcohol.
- You can then leave the peel in the alcohol in an enclosed vessel in a dark and cold place for about three days.
- After this, you can use the infusion. Wet a cotton ball in this mixture and apply t on the white stains.
- For a few minutes, you can consider substituting the skin for the sun. After that, you can rinse these areas with warm water.
Getting the best results will mean that you are doing this at least two times a week.
8. Spirituous infusion of mango root
- Five tablespoons of mango root (50 g)
- 2 cups of alcohol (500 ml)
You can mix alcohol and the mango root in a container and allow them to soak in a darker place for about 20 days.
Once this infusion is ready, you can always soak the cotton pad in it then lubricate the stains. After that, you can choose whether to wash the infusion or not.
9. Natural smoothies for fighting vitiligo
- ½ cucumber
- One natural yogurt (125 g)
- aloe Vera
First, you need to put half of the cucumber in the blender bowl. After that, you can add to it yogurt and aloe Vera gel. Mix the mixture thoroughly till it forms a smoothie. When the mixture is well saturated, then you can always drink it every morning on an empty stomach.
Vitiligo is a skin infection in which the pigment is lost, and it produces white patches on the skin often without any apparent reason. The exact reasons why vitiligo occurs are not known, but there exist several theories relating to why this condition happens. The best treatment for curing the disease is home treatment because this treatment is not only comfortable but also beneficial.
Read Also :
- 20 Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes
- A Complete Skin Care Regimen Every Professional Will Love
- What Causes Skin Hyperpigmentation: 7 Contributing Factors
- 7 Ways to Prep Your Skin This Summer