Impressive Health Benefits and Nutrients of Apples
“An apple a day keep a doctor away”, this proverb itself signifies the benefits of apple in one single line.
Apples are popular fruits and are eaten all over the world. A single apple contains antioxidants, vitamins, fibers, and other healthy nutrients. It is due to their health benefits; they are loved by the people.
Whether you eat apples directly or cook them with the other ingredients. Its nutritive value never changes. This is the reason why you must have seen many apple-based foods such as pie, apple syrup, apple juices, smoothies, etc.
Apples come in different sizes, shapes, colors, and texture. But the benefits of apple remain the same.
Nutrients of Apples
Apple is a storehouse with different kinds of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Given below is the list of constituents of the apple.
- Calories: 95
- Carbs: 25 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Vitamin C: 14% of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI)
- Potassium: 6% of the RDI
- Vitamin K: 5% of the RDI
Types of Apples:
Apples are versatile fruits that come in different colors, textures, and tastes. But the health benefit remains the same.
- This apple is very crunchy, the flesh of this apple is very juicy and fill your mouth with sweetness with the very first bite.
- This apple is used for making sweet based things like apple pie, apple pudding, or can be also eaten as a salad diet.
- This apple is like big red cherries. It will remain fresh for a longer period of time after you have cut it.
- Envy apple best used as decorating food items because of its bright red color, you can also have it with your salad diet.
- The trademark color of this apple is that it has a green color with a pinch of reddish-orange color.
- These apples are extremely sweet and are mostly used for making sweet desserts.
- The distinct features of this apple are its cream color with reddish-pink stripes.
- Gala apple is one of the sweetest apples and is used for making a sweet dessert and salad diet.
- This apple color has a creamy background with reddish-pink disappearing shades.
- Ambrosia apple is known for its sweet fragrance and low acidic in nature.
- This apple is very, large in size as compared with the other apples. Mostly comes with orangish color with a yellow background.
- It has a crispy flavor and becomes crunchy if left in the refrigerator.
- These apples are medium in size and are iridescent yellow in color.
- The flesh is very crispy and has a tart felling. It is better goes with pie, cakes, and toppings.
- It is very sweet and juicy as compared with the other apples
- Jazz apple is better suited for salad or eaten raw.
- This apple shares the features of the two popular kinds of apples. It shares its sweetness with the gala apple and crispy texture from the Braeburn.
- It can be used for making sweet deserts or can even be eaten raw.
Golden delicious apple
- The distinct feature of this apple is its light green to yellow color.
- This apple is well suited for making apple puddings, apple pie, and salad.
Red delicious apple
- This red apple has pure red outer skin and white flesh.
- It is very sweet, most preferable for eating raw.
Pink lady apple
- This apple has a pinkish skin with little fading yellow dots.
- Pink lady apple is sweet and is the most preferred apple for cooking apple-based delicacy.
Granny smith apple
- This apple is big in size and comes with a light green color.
- It is very sweet, and have a crunchy tart flavor. It is mostly used for making sweet desserts and toppings.
- The color contrast of this apple is very unique. It is a mixture of red, green, and golden colors.
- This apple is best enjoyed the fresh withy salad.
Health Benefits of Apple
1. Excellent for diabetics and blood circulation
If you are a Diabetic patient, then apple can be a natural way for you to control your blood sugar level.
The antioxidant polyphenols in the apple improve your metabolism and affect your rate of absorption of the sugar by the body.
This directly helps your body absorb less sugar. There are many doctors that advise their patient to have at least an apple on a daily basis.
Now can you co-relate, “an apple a day keep the doctor away”? Just kidding, do not take these lines seriously.
2. Weight loss
Apple is rich in fibrous flesh, the rich quantum fiber gives you a feeling of being full for a longer period of time. This helps you not to consume extra calories.
We can say that Apple is indirectly helping you not to gain extra body weight. We all know that fiber takes their sweet little time to digest. You can use apple fibers to reduce your unnecessary intake of calories.
3. Smoother digestion
We all know that apple is full of fabric flesh. The pectin fiber that apple contains mix with food you are eating and help the food to dissolve easily.
These pectin fibers draw out water from the nearby places and form a gel. This gel helps your stool easily seep into the digestive system.
Apple contains malic acid that catalyzes your digestion.
4. Smooth up peristalsis movement
The pectin fiber present in the apple mix with food you intake. This pectin fiber draws out water from the nearby area and forms a gel. This is mix up with stool providing it smoother mobility.
If you are having problems with constipation, eat an apple before going to bed. The next morning will be the clearest of all.
5. Helps to build up bone tissue
Apple skin contains flavonoid phlorizin that can help in catalyzing menopause of the bone cells.
If there is a fracture of and swollen bone, apple can help you to treat your bone organically.
6. Reduce cholesterol level
Constituents like pectin fiber, antioxidant polyphenols are very useful in reducing body cholesterol levels.
If your body’s cholesterol levels are in check then you can reduce the risk of artery blockage, damaged vessels, and heart problems.
7. Constraint all kind of cancer
Consuming antioxidant food can help you to restrain the oxidant stress on the damaged cells. The benefits of apple lie in its antioxidant-rich flesh.
The scientist has concluded that apple may help you to lower the breast cancer, lung cancer, colorectal cancer, and all other cancer that re related to these types.
Risk and Consideration
Apples are healthy and most unlikely it has any side effects. Regardless of the health benefits of apple, you always need to take precautions.
Here are some of the potential risks that you may encounter while handling apples.
You may not know that apple seeds contain Cyanide (learn more). It is true I am not joking. Even I was horrified when I first heard of this.
Worry not, the amount is too low to be noticed at all. But you should take strict steps not to chew or swallow large amounts of an apple seed. This may damage your health.
Allergies can be of many types. Someone is allergic to dust, someone is allergic to seafood, the same way there are many people who may be allergic to apples.
After eating an apple, if you experience any swelling or difficulty in breathing, you must consult a doctor first and never try to eat an apple ever again.
It is very common for small children to choke up after eating big chunks of apple pieces. It is advisable to cut the apple pieces into small so that your children can enjoy it.
The bottom line
Apples are versatile fruits and can substitute most of the fruits in terms of benefits and constituents.
Apples can be eaten raw or can be the base ingredient for making sweet delicacy. It is an all in one fruit with multiple benefits.
The benefits of apple cannot be counted; it can only be experienced.
If you have any other question that I was unable to cover in this article, feel free to drop your question in the comment section, I will love to answer them all.
And one more thing, if this article was informative enough, and you want more articles like this. Subscribe to our newsletter to get daily updates on the latest informative post.
- Powerful Health Benefits of a High Alkaline Diet
- Top Incredible Health Benefits of Ginger Tea
- Top Amazing Health Benefits of Lemongrass